Artificial Intelligence can be used for many different purposes, and one of the most popular uses nowadays is using it for writing articles. Don’t get me wrong here, it’s great that we have such a helpful tool that can generate content in a matter of seconds, but that doesn’t mean that the content itself is valuable and useful for the readers.
And if it’s not useful, then why are we even publishing it? I have encountered so many articles that were screaming they were written by AI and I could tell it wasn’t human work just by looking at a couple of words in it. Let me tell you, it gets more and more obvious for someone who has been working with artificial intelligence when content is actually human or AI-written.
So, here comes the great question: Should we just avoid using AI completely if we want to provide valuable content? Should we continue using ChatGPT for writing articles in hopes that no one notices? Or should we find a way to balance the two and try using AI as a helpful assistant while also making sure that what we publish is worthwhile?
You might have guessed that in this article, we will discuss the third option. Because, yes, it is possible to write articles with AI and still include your own style, your own thoughts, and your own experiences. See how you can achieve that.
Understanding Google’s E-E-A-T Principles
Before we start talking about how we can create good content, we have to understand what is considered to be “good” by one of the main search engines, Google.
Google recently updated its policy regarding its content ranking and said that it doesn’t matter whether something is written by humans or AI as long as it aligns with its guidelines called E-E-A-T principles.
What this principle outlines is basically the idea that content should be truly valuable and worthy for the audience. Let’s break down the main doctrines of it:
- Experience: The content should include some type of experience in the topic proving that what is said has been tried, tested, or encountered. It gives an authentic quality to the article.
- Expertise: Make sure you are writing the articles on topics that you have real knowledge of and qualifications in. Needless to say, this is crucial if you want to create beneficial content.
- Authoritativeness: Authoritativeness refers to your complete reputation within your industry. You, your content, your company, and your website have to have a strong authority for people to consider you as a great source of information.
- Trustworthiness: This is the most important aspect. You must have reliable sources within your content. You have to be transparent about who wrote the content, and you must also check for accuracy at all times.
With these principles in hand, we can start talking about how to include a unique perspective into an article that is not completely written by you, but with the help of AI.
Unique Perspective - How to Stand Out From The Rest
From what we discussed, one thing becomes very clear: Uniqueness is essential.
The amount of content out there on the Internet is insanely large. We can’t even begin to grasp the idea of how many articles are out there within one specific topic. So, naturally, you wouldn’t want to re-create the same content again and again that someone has already been published before, right?
If you solely work with using AI and give the whole work into its hands, it can only work what it already finds on the Internet. Thus, there is nothing new, nothing unique that you provide with the writing.
This is why you need a unique perspective. Something that will make you stand out from the crowd. Something that no one has discussed or shared before. Something that only you know, you experiences, or you have access to.
Experience as a Unique Perspective
One way you can definitely stick out is by telling your audience about your experience with the topic you are discussing. No other person has had the same experience as the other. We are all different, with different events happening to us that we view from very different perspectives.
- Explain your encounter with an interesting person or expert on the topic. Tell your audience they were thinking about specific issues, how they reacted, and what their opinion was.
- Discuss if you had an issue with what your content is about. Why did the issue emerge? How did it damage your work? How did you manage to solve the problem?
- Tell a good story from the past in connection with the subject of your article that you think back on. This can be a great addition to your points and can enlighten some more serious issues discussed.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to telling your story and your experiences. These are truly yours, and yours only. These are what make you the most unique in writing.
Solutions as a Unique Perspective
It’s a common topic within any industry when there’s a problem that many people suffer the consequences of. People like reading about that. People like knowing that they are not alone with their issues.
This connects to the experience aspect we discussed earlier but with a little bit of expertise added to it. When you experience a problem, and you figure out a solution for it, your level of expertise rises.
Share your thoughts on the solution. Give people the opportunity to try out the solution. Explain the best practices. Help them overcome the problems. That’s also a very unique perspective, something that will both help people and make you stand out from the crowd.
Interesting data as a unique perspective
Another great way to make your writing unique is to include some statistics that only you have access to. People love numbers because they believe in them. They are objective, measurable, and very easy to grasp.
Provide some insight into your data on the topic, be it some marketing statistics, churn rate, or any other figures that might add some value to the content you are writing about.
- For one, it can support your claims and act as evidence, making your content more reliable, more accurate, and trustworthy. Secondly, if it is something shocking, interesting, or unusual, you are more likely to catch the attention of the readers, who will want to know even more about what you have to say.
- In addition to this, if you don’t have data on the topic, you can create surveys to collect information. Nowadays, it is really easy to get people to fill out a questionnaire, and you can get some great statistics from these within a short period of time.
So, dig into those numbers and find something worth sharing with your audience.
In conclusion, blending artificial intelligence with your unique perspective is the best way we can approach content creation. While AI offers efficiency and a broad knowledge base, it's the human touch—our experiences, expertise, and authenticity—that truly enriches content.
Keeping in mind Google's E-E-A-T principles ensures that our content is informative and also trustworthy and authoritative. Remember, AI is a powerful tool, but it's our individuality, our stories, and our insights that make content genuinely impactful. Let's use AI as an assistant that helps us, create content that resonates, educates, and inspires.